Dec 8, 2006

FEELING SAPPY 2

Now anybody in the "country music know" has heard of Martina McBride. She has a beautiful voice, and not bad on the eyes. Oh give me a break...I'm a guy, I notice things like that, hee hee. So about a month or so ago, I was at work and the local rock station (the HOG 102.9) was just pissing me off. They were playing the same people over and over, so I switched to a country station, specifically FM 106.1. Well they do a syndicated late show for their graveyard shift called After Midnight with Blair Garner. Well he was making this big deal about playing a song for the first time, not on any album, just written kinda thing. Than he starts saying that it will be "officially debuted" on the CMA awards.

Well ok, that perked up my ears, and than he mentioned that it was Martina McBride AND that she co-wrote it. He also said that Martina's husband had sent them the recording and that they would have Martina on. Well now I had to hear it. This cat was curious. A piquing was occurring. So later that night, she was on, they talked a bit, than they played her song.

It was a beautiful and inspiring piece. Her vocals were as usual dead on. But the music and lyrics moved me and still do. The song is Called "Anyway" and is in my opinion a damn near perfect song.

So here ya go...

LYRICS

You can spend your whole life building something from nothing
One storm can come and blow it all away
Build it anyway
You can chase a dream that seems so out of reach and you know it might not ever come your way
Dream it anyway

God is great, but sometimes life ain't good
And when I pray it doesn't always turn out like I think it should
But I do it anyway, I do it anyway

This world's gone crazy and it's hard to believe that tomorrow will be better than today
Believe it anyway
You can love someone with all your heart, for all the right reasons, and in a moment they can choose to walk away
Love 'em anyway

God is great, but sometimes life ain't good
And when I pray it doesn't always turn out like I think it should
But I do it anyway, I do it anyway

You can pour your soul out singing a song you believe in that tomorrow they'll forget you ever sang
Sing it anyway, sing it anyway

I sing, I dream, I love, anyway


and now the song

No comments: