Feb 5, 2008

FREE RANGE, ORIGINAL, or EXTRA CRISPY

Over the weekend Season and I were checking out the Elegant Farmer. I guess if you is from a big city where there isn't much access to a working farm, this would be an impressive place. But for us almost on a farm types...it's pretty much old hat.

But anyway, we were walking around and something finally hit me.

We were looking at the "Happy Chickens." Yes, the frozen dead ready to cook Happy chickens. The 30 minutes at 350 degrees and then you have a meal happy chickens. I'm sorry, I don't think these are happy chickens anymore.

In my personal opinion, there are no such things as free range chickens. If you have to feed them or else they starve, that is not free range, it's just a bigger more open cage.

I also don't want to hear how well they lived. I don't need to know their dietary habits. All I want to know is if it's original or extra crispy.

This actually goes for all animals that are bred and raised to be a meal or a clothing item.

It's not because knowing the truth might skew my desire for meat or leather. It's a much simpler reason than that. I just don't care enough for it to matter. They will all die in one way or another. Just this way I get good food and cool coats.

And what else is there after that?

No comments: