Feb 12, 2008

GLOBAL WARMING MY ASS

It's been a while since the snow has been piled up in the parking lots of department stores...(am I aging myself calling them department stores?) as high as the store itself, like in the image below

GOD, that is still so damn cool.

It used to be one of my favorite things from my childhood. I waited and hoped that Sunday would get here faster, because that was the only day they'd be closed.

We "deviants" would grab our sleds, claim a "mountain", climb it and take the plunge (sometimes almost straight down, so that the first few landings would knock the snot AND air out of you) down, just to do it again.

I know it would have been easier and probably safer to just use the hills that were readily available. BUT, damn, to have your very own mountain to trek up, then having the stupidity to try and slide down it!!

That's what being a boy was all about.


Sadly, my digital camera took a dump, so I had to find an image that closely resembled said childhood memory/current snowfall status.

This one actually comes close.

Thank you Mr. Internet for having such images ready and available for us with digital camera issues.

No comments: