Mar 27, 2008

DAMN

Yesterday my baby sister became a mother.

Well, OK she's been a mother for a while now, but Ethan finally decided enough was enough and said "LET ME SEE THE WORLD!!!"

So yesterday my nephew, Ethan Robert, was born. I have never seen a more beautiful baby boy in my life. This little whopper came into the world at 8lbs and some ounces and at a staggering 21 inches, AND HE IS BEAUTIFUL.

I held him for the first time today.

I have never held "hope and promise" in my arms before nor have I ever been so humbled by beauty and innocence before.

I know that everyday a miracle takes it's first breath, but this was the first time I was witness to that miracle. This was the first time that miracle filled me with joy (that overcame my own personal sorrow). This was the first time that miracle filled me with strength (so that I may pass on my strength to my better half). This was the first time that miracle filled me with love (so that I may pass on that love to all who want it, and to those who so desperately need it).

In my oafish arms, I held the future; fragile, pure and promising.

Yesterday, the future began to look more promising.

Yesterday I became an uncle.

Damn.

No comments: