Mar 12, 2008

HIGHLANDER: THE SOURCE

Yes I am a Highlander fan. I love the movies. I am a fan of the Television show. I (unlike so many) enjoyed the cartoon. If Highlander was in a movie theater I paid the money to sit there and absorb more of the crap they were feeding me. I sat there and ate the crap from Highlander 2. I accepted Mario van Peebles as a black Kurgan in Highlander: The Final Dimension. I accepted the fact that Christopher Lambert was getting to old and showing his age badly so they had to give him a noble death in Highlander: Endgame. I was able to accept all of this.

I accepted the fact that there are more fans of Adrian Paul as Duncan MacLeod because of the watered down TV series. That's fine by me...as long as they keep putting out more and more Highlander properties, that DON"T destroy the integrity of the original "myth." Which is pretty much a bunch of bad asses fighting for this great prize, and to win this great prize, well to quote what the whole Highlander Universe is based on, "THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE."


So about two weeks ago I saw this commercial for the newest installment to the Highlander mythos. A movie called Highlander: The Source. Yes I was STOKED. You can rest assured, to quote my wife, "There was chubbiness action." So being an official member of Netflix (yeah we ended up letting go of the Blockbuster mail home thing, because in the 6 months we had their service they had doubled their price and they were going to raise it again...so we dumped them, because Daddy don't like gold digging ho's) I immediately added this movie.

So this morning after yet another failed attempt at sleeping, I got up and walked into the living room and hit play on the DVD machine.

This movie had everything going for it that is crucial to a Highlander movie. Semi-decent acting, many cheesy effects, very simple storyline and Queen songs (albeit the songs were recorded by someone else but they were pretty decent, but I thought it was worth mentioning). Now some of you may think that is a tongue in cheek review, but if you have ever seen these movies you would know (as all great things from the 80's, it wasn't quality, it was a coolness factor) that they are not nor will they ever be award winners. So as I was saying I was hooked. I was in it to win it. I was there and then they tell you the prize.

THIS IS A SPOILER TO THIS MOVIE...SPOILER ALERT...SPOILER ALERT....THIS IS A SPOILER TO THIS MOVIE


The prize they are all fighting for. The true meaning to the phrase "there can be only one" is that only one immortal if he is pure of heart can have a child.

Well FUCK ME!!!

That's the big pay off?? That goes along the same lines as getting the chance to boff some supermodel and having the fireman using up the fire extinguisher too quickly.

Man, they had me at Hello and then they looked me in the eye and said "Sorry Charlie."

So that my friends is my review of HIGHLANDER: THE SOURCE.



Currently listening:
Black Aria
By Glenn Danzig

No comments: