Mar 3, 2008

WELL WHAT DO YOU KNOW...

My wife gifted me an MP3 player. I decided that my new/old piece of technology needed some "street cred." Thus my "MP3 playa" was filled and I have been one very happy boy.

It's an older model, so it's memory isn't monstrous. Which means my music choices are a tad bit limited.

Since Wednesday, when she presented me an ability to ignore the world and to literally march to the beat of a different drummer, I had a play list that I was very happy with.

WAS being the key word.

Last night when I was cleaning out my "well" I heard a very cool song.

On Saturday I picked up two of Andrew W.K.'s cd's. VERY VERY cool stuff. One of the songs "Into the Clear" struck a chord with me, and I had it playing in my head all day.

I decided that this brand new musical gem (to me that is) would have to go in my "MP3 playa." But after I added it to my array of music and decided to give it an audio gander (that's my very dorky way of saying "a listen to.").

Suddenly...the songs didn't work.

By adding this one song I've had to rethink the entire play list.

After three hours of screwing with this, I gave up for now. I thought maybe I just need to find a set of songs that blend.

I know I can't trust the radio (I mean not like it ripped me off, or stole my girl, but once in a while I'd like to hear an entire day of cool brand new music that was just released. I don't just mean the "single" but the whole album...you know?).

I went with option number two. I started listening to our CD's. Yup over 400 different cd's trying to find the missing pieces

As I'm writing this I'm on CD 6.

All of this because a song that resonated with me, caused a chain reaction with "MP3 playa's" play list.

The worst part is that I just happened to notice the candles I had lit just went out. I started looking for the next set of "antique light bulbs" that I look over and noticed my audio cassette collection.

CRAP.

I forgot that I still have some Cassette's to upgrade to CD's. Well I guess life could be worse. I mean the at least the vinyl albums I own already have CD counterparts.

All this happened because I really really really liked a song, and wanted to put it in "MP3 playa."

You know what folks...I think I need a hobby...badly.

No comments: