May 10, 2008

E-MAIL ADDRESSES

A real life fleshie (you know, someone who I did not meet in the cyber world) friend of mine asked me why I have gone through so many email addresses. After I wrote him back, I thought to myself

"Self...lookie here you now have another entry!"

So here you go... a story none of you wanted to know...


My email address always reflected something about me. I have had a few in my cyber lifetime. Most of the names takes the things about me that for some feeble reason makes sense.

Nightgaunt = a faceless leather winged creature who lives in the "Dream Lands" created by H.P. Lovecraft. I figured that highly appropriate since online we are all pretty much faceless

Phulespride = too foolish to care what little pride I had, yet too much pride to stop being the fool.

SaintnSyynner = the polar opposites of my personality which I have been known to portray often.

WhiskeyConfessions = my "needing" to be consuming whenever I write a poem or a story because that's the only way I could be honest enough to say what I had on my mind.

ConfessionsOfACerealEater = ok...that one was just because I had the blog...and it made sense to me.

Impulse4lifewwfd (wwfd= what would Flash do...) = and that one was about doing everything and never thinking of the consequences, which the character of Impulse (a DC Comics character) used to do.

SpyderY2J = was one of my favorites. It incorporated my love of comics (Spiderman and Spider Jerusalem), of wrestling (Chris 'Y2J' Jericho) and my name J (Jose).

So one day, I was checking my emails and I realized that I'm not any of those things and, yet I am every bit of all of them. So after spending a few days trying to come up with a name, I realized that good or bad, I am still me, and that "me" isn't as bad as I thought he was.
This "me" still has a woman who for some reason loved me enough to be my wife.

This "me" had a very close friendship with the person who inspired me to start writing a blog. (I hope you're doing well.)

Just in case you all didn't realize it, being all "Mr. Subtle Ninja Warrior" here, I'm talking about the things that have made me tick over the last few years.

So I decided to start slowly killing off my plethora of email addresses, and in the end just leaving what has been there (albeit hidden from my eyes) all along.

That no matter what happens and where life takes me...I am still me.

Now if you only knew what my email addy was that would make a million times more sense.

No comments: