May 9, 2008

I ADMIT I'M A BAD PERSON III

another self styled rant...in E-minor

I don't care about seat belts. I don't care about how many lives they save. I sure as hell don't like to be told I need to wear one. And mostly I am pissed off that, of all the pressing issues in our wonderful nation, passing a seatbelt law takes precedents over them. Thank goodness that my wearing a seatbelt will help this nation get back on it's feet and that multi billion dollar deficit thing will just go away on it's own.

I just don't like wearing them.

I hate the fact that somebody out there lost a loved a one, and through that loss has taken away my right to choose and decide what is best for me.

My wearing of "the seatbelt" does not improve my driving. As a matter of fact it annoys the hell out of me. So it sure as hell affects my driving and, I really hope this would go without saying, not for the better.

What affects my driving the most is when a passenger in my car, tells me what they think I should be doing.

I hate the fact that people get so self righteous about this.

"Geez Jose' seatbelts save lives, you know."
"That may be true but it's my car and I choose not to wear one."
"No really it's true, the DOT and local law enforcement say so."
"So let's put your theory to the test? Let's see what will get you hurt faster, telling me what to do while you are a passenger in a ton and a half of steel and plastic that I am in control of, getting very pissed off at you? Or..."
"or what?"
"Or me pummeling you into next week, because YOU ARE A PASSENGER IN MY CAR TELLING ME WHAT I SHOULD BE DOING. Just because you have the freedom of speech, does not mean you should exercise that freedom...WHEN YOU ARE NOT IN CONTROL OF THE FINAL OUTCOME! ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU KNOW WHERE I STAND ON THAT TOPIC, dumbass."

Now while the seatbelt may or may not save lives, I can practically guarantee that pissing off the owner of the vehicle while he or she is driving it...will not lead to a happy ending.

I think of this all as "God's" plan. If we are supposed to die in a fiery wreck because I didn't wear a seatbelt, then as it was said let it be done.

No comments: