May 21, 2008

WOMEN OF TV AND FILM pt 1

Some children, when growing up, have this aversion towards the opposite sex. You might remember the days of cooties and boy/girl germs. Well, of all the things I endured growing up, this wasn't one of them.

I knew as a kid that women were different, but when raised by a single mom, the notion of cooties and germs seems pretty irrelevant. So as the other boys were running from the girls...I wasn't putting that much effort into it.

I mean what happens if you run too fast? A quandary I, personally, did not want to know the outcome of.

I mention that so I can explain that I was a latchkey kid. I pretty much took care of myself, and the few times I did have babysitters, they were usually the upstairs neighbors, and they just looked in on me every once in a while.

Now with that said, (it takes me a while to get to my original thought, it's like taking the scenic route on a trip...or getting lost, umm...heheh uh you get my point) I was raised by T.V..

With an ounce of pride and a pound of shame I can say that I probably logged more T.V. time then "Luke and Laura" fans. If you don't get the reference, by all that is good and holy, GOOGLE IT! Sheesh.

So let's do the math here.

Lots of T.V. time
+
not much aversion to the female or female form
+
impressionable young mind
=
the most memorable women of my formative years from television and film.

In no particular order the original top 10

1. Daisy Duke played by Catherine Bach on






1979-1985



2. Diana Prince/Wonder Woman played by Lynda Carter on

1976-1979



3. Wilma Deering played by Erin Grey on

1979-1981



4. Princess Leia Organa played by Carrie Fisher on

1977-1983



5. Joanna Marie "Jo" Polniaczek played by Nancy McKeon on

1979-1988



6. Mary Amelia Ingalls played by Melissa Sue Anderson on

1974-1981



7. Vicki Stubing played by Jill Whelan on

1979–1986



8. Christine 'Moose' McGlade played by herself on

1979-1986



9. Kiri played by Tanya Roberts on


1982

yes I used the "safe"image. Although I can still picture the image that forever has engraved her to memory.

10. Jill Munroe played by Farrah Fawcett on

1976-1981





THESE NEXT FEW ARE ONES THAT RAISED AN EYEBROW OR TWO BUT NEVER REALLY CEMENTED THEIR HOLD ON ME...

BUT THEY DO DESERVE

HONORABLE MENTIONS

Jennifer Marlowe played by Loni Anderson "WKRP in Cincinnati" 1978-1982


Cassiopeia played by Laurette Spang "Battlestar Galactica"1978-1979



Athena played by Maren Jensen "Battlestar Galactica"1978-1979



Princess Ardala played by Pamela Hensley "Buck Rogers in the 25th Century"1979-1981



Marie Osmond - herself "Donny and Marie Show"1976-1979



Susan Bradford Stockwell played by Susan Richardson "Eeight is Enough"1977-1981



Elizabeth Bradford played by Connie Needham "Eight is Enough"1977-1981



Nancy Bradford played by Dianne Kay "Eight is Enough"1977-1981



Jamie sommers played by Lindsay Wagner "The Bionic Woman"1976-1978



Charlie's Angels played by Kate Jackson, Jaclyn Smith,



Cheryl Ladd,



Shelley Hack"Charlie's Angels"1976-1981

No comments: