Jun 8, 2008

2 MONTHS OF MAGIC

My nephew has a profound affect on me. He seems to be the one human being on this Earth who reminds me on a regular basis how beautiful and special all people are.

I was holding him for a little while today, and of course because he exudes adorable cuteness, Season wanted in on the action.

So as she was holding him, he was doing something, that Season pointed out and made my sister go "OMG!!! Look at what Ethan's doing mom!!"

At a little over 2 months old, he hasn't mastered that whole getting around on his own yet, but he's trying.

No matter how Season was holding him and no matter where I was standing he kept trying to worm his way to me.

For the sake of science and my own curiosity, I decided to just get close enough to him so that he could sort of lean on me, while Season was still holding him.

The very second he made contact, he stopped squirming.

So the experiments continued.

Next up was Ethan's mommy. She held him and he was squirming around a little bit, then Season said "Hey Jose!"

Of course my usual reaction to that statement is "What?"

As soon as Ethan heard my voice he was wriggly little worm. Trying his damndest to find me. He started to get a little annoyed by this because as we all know, babies do not like to be toyed with, and Ethan was no exception to this rule. He had had enough. He started to make "those noises" that babies make when they are NOT happy. My sister then handed hime back to me and just like that, he was a happy little baby again.

I looked at Season and her beauty just overwhelmed me.

I loked at my baby sister and she looked so grown up.

I was able to forgive my mom for a lot of the things she allowed to happen to me as I was growing up.

And I was able to look in a mirror again and be little happier than I was just few moments before.

That's when I realized that this little human being was more than that.

That's when I realized that in my arms I was privileged to be holding pure magic.

And I felt blessed.

1 comment:

Jeff Owens said...

I found you via Whitechapel. This made me smile. Thanks for sharing!