Jun 10, 2008

OUT OF THE MOUTHS OF BABES II

QUOTE OF THE DAY:

"When I was born, I was so surprised I couldn't talk for a year and a half."

Gracie Allen July 26, 1895 – August 27, 1964
An American comedian who became internationally famous as the zany partner and comic foil of husband George Burns.


Well every once in a while I get some kind of news that makes me smile. This time it comes in the form of an e-mail...or a set of e-mails. One of the members of The Estrogen Clan of the North woods sent an e-mail out which was then forwarded to me. Well, after that similar stories started coming forth and I found it too funny not to post. So here you go...

THE FIRST ONE

I am still realizing that the things I say will come back and haunt me.

This morning as I was putting Sophie's shoes on, she went to lean against the door and it moved. She goes "Holy crap!" as she fell to the side. I could not help but laugh even though I know I should not have.

Even better, when we were in Gymboree last Friday, they were playing a game where the kids pretended to take a steering wheel and drive. Sophie gets up there and is pretending to drive and she says "Stupid Lady!" and keeps repeating it. Well, last week this lady almost hit me because she was not looking when changing lanes, and that is what I said. But do you think I could admit that in Gymboree that it was me that said that? NOOOOOOO! I said "I think you've been driving with Daddy too much." Oh, the little lies!!


THE SECOND ONE

Ah, yes.

We were watching something on television, and I said that the lady was "f-ing" crazy. I then proceeded to walk into the kitchen. Ian was playing and "minding his own business". Within a split second he said, and I quote, "You mean fucking, right Mom. Why don't you just say it?" Took Scott by surprise. Scott said Ian's definitely my child. Ian then continued to say that fuck wasn't so bad and who cares if I say it; he doesn't mind.

Ha...I'm such a good role model.

Hope you enjoyed.

No comments: