Jun 11, 2008

A QUESTION ABOUT TEENAGE PREGNANCY

ORIGINALLY POSTED AS A COMMENT ON "Friday May 16, 2008, 4:56 AM" It was a decent little comment that I decided to save it for those days when I am feeling a bit on the lazy side. This is one of those days.

"It's not my fault."

We have spent all this time and energy empowering our children in our society to be strong and independent that no one can tell you what to do. Your actions are yours and your alone. It doesn't matter what you do or say, what you do, can only affect you. Now they have an indifference to subjects like STD's, promiscuity, violence and pregnancy.

"It's not my fault."

We as a society have gone so far as to promote this behavior by adding 15 minutes of fame and in some cases being paid to "star" on these T.V. shows. These shows do nothing but promote the fact that having 3 children, being 17 and not knowing who any of the fathers are is a good thing. That going to "boot camp" is an acceptable alternative and automatic "slate" cleaner.

"It's not my fault."

We don't put enough blame on the parents for not paying attention to their children. We don't put enough blame the children themselves for their actions. It's the music and video games. Don't worry children of America, we are here to protect you.

"It's not my fault."

Nobody loves me! I want a baby so someone will love me. Look at me with my baby that loves me.

"It's not my fault."

In the end, the only one who suffers is the babies that are being born into the "It's not my fault" mentality.

It's all OK, though. It's not MY fault.



P.S. Yes this was said with TONS of sarcsm.

No comments: