Nov 15, 2009

SONG OF THE WEEK 1

I'll hear some amazing song on a commercial or at the end of some TV show, that just blows me away.  So I do what anybody with an I-net connection does.  I go searching for it, like Indiana Jones in the Temple of Doom.  Albeit, while searching for this amazing song, I more often than not, get distracted.

INTERMISSION
This is a common occurrence for me.  My soon to be ex-wife says I have "OOOOH SHINY" syndrome.  Which means well...you know how you can usually distract small children with shiny objects?  Well then you get the idea.  Anyways...
END OF INTERMISSION

For example, I'll hear this song, and it's by some new or unsigned band.  I think to myself "Self, this is a major discovery!"  So, I end up searching for everything on the web by them so I can give them a fair shake.

Like most people, depending on my mood at that moment, my music tastes may change, usually at the drop of a hat.  So what I once thought was a cool song gets forgotten, because I may not have cared for the rest of what I found.

Or worse...if it's an established artist, and I go looking for some other song of theirs that I like, and suddenly I have forgotten the first song.  Then just like that the songs I was searching go the way of the Bermuda Triangle.

A little while ago, I heard this song at the end of the TV series "Mercy", I looked for it, found it, and put up a little blurb about it.  I did this mainly because I was absolutely exhausted, and I wanted to really mull it over a little later, and this way I wouldn't have to search for it.

This made me happy when I woke up later that day, because there was the song in it's easy to reach container.  So with all that said, here it is...the official SONG OF THE WEEK...

Guess what I was doing when I heard this song?  Yup watching HULU.  The Daily Show with John Stewart to be precise.  Then some save the world commercial started and I began to play free cell again.  I play free cell whenever there's a commercial...I mean what else am I supposed to do for those 15 to 32 seconds while the commercials play?

Well this save the world commercial starts playing and I hear this song and it was such an amazing song, so off to the web I go.  I was absolutely thrilled when I found it.

I was even more thrilled when I found out it was the AMAZING Tom Waits.

Tom Waits makes you feel things that are almost impossible to put into words.  To me Tom Waits is like a Charles Bukowski story set to music, it's rarely pretty, but always powerful.

So here is the song...



Never Let Go is avaialable on the album called "Orphans: Brawlers, Bawlers and Bastards"



Book recommendations

Post Office by Charles Bukowski




Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments: