Nov 14, 2009

MOVIE REVIEWS

You know what has always bugged me?  Movie reviews that take a "I'm so much smarter than you" route.  Every movie review I have ever read takes this approach.  They sit there and with a fine tooth comb and condemn every aspect of the movie or they praise the intellectual aspects of this cinematic experience.

Me, I just want a simple review.  Did the movie achieve it's goal.  How was the acting?  Was the script/story any good.  Was the movie entertaining.  Add a positive comment.  Add a negative comment.  Finally make a simple scale and rate that movie accordingly.

It's not asking for much.

Reading a movie review shouldn't have to be a chore.

So let's make that scale
  1. Will never watch the movie again
  2. If I HAVE to I'll watch the movie again
  3. I will watch the movie again
  4. I look forward to watching the movie again
  5. I'll watch this movie everyday
Now let's review some movies...

He's Just Not That Into You




This move has a solid plot and an enjoyable, interweaving storyline.  The acting was good and the actors fit their roles in a believable manner.  This is one of the better ensemble cast movies I have seen lately.  Although the movie is fairly predictable I was pleasantly surprised how much I enjoyed this romantic comedy.

I give it a 4/5.

Law Abiding Citizen



A very strong script and well written story.  The acting and the actors were superb.  Although the end of the movie fit the story, it was the only true weak spot.  This was an "A" movie with a "C" ending.  Other than that this was a very good action whodunit film.

I give it a 4.5/5.

Zombieland



This is one of those quirky movies that has some funny moments, some silly moments, a few laugh out loud situations and it even has a few dramatic points.  This is not a movie you ever need
to analyze.  As a horror movie it is an epic fail.  But as a movie that just entertained the bejesus out of me, than it was an epic success.

I give this a 4/5.



My CD and Book recommendations

CD

Cheap Trick - Woke Up With A Monster



Book

Cybill Disobedience : How I Survived Beauty Pageants, Elvis, Sex, Bruce Willis, Lies, Marriage, Motherhood, Hollywood and The Irrepressible Urge To Say What I Think - by Cybill Shepherd with Aimee Lee Ball

No comments: