Dec 6, 2009

SONG OF THE WEEK 3

Hello my friends, cohorts and those that aren't either, and welcome to my blog.

I'll hear some amazing song on a commercial or at the end of some TV show, that just blows me away. So I do what anybody with an I-net connection does. I go searching for it, like Indiana Jones in the Temple of Doom. Albeit, while searching for this amazing song, I more often than not, get distracted.

INTERMISSION
This is a common occurrence for me. My soon to be ex-wife says I have "OOOOH SHINY" syndrome. Which means well...you know how you can usually distract small children with shiny objects? Well then you get the idea. Anyways...
END OF INTERMISSION

For example, I'll hear this song, and it's by some new or unsigned band. I think to myself "Self, this is a major discovery!" So, I end up searching for everything on the web by them so I can give them a fair shake.

Like most people, depending on my mood at that moment, my music tastes may change, usually at the drop of a hat. So what I once thought was a cool song gets forgotten, because I may not have cared for the rest of what I found.

Or worse...if it's an established artist, and I go looking for some other song of theirs that I like, and suddenly I have forgotten the first song. Then just like that the songs I was searching go the way of the Bermuda Triangle.

A little while ago, I heard this song at the end of the TV series "Mercy", I looked for it, found it, and put up a little blurb about it. I did this mainly because I was absolutely exhausted, and I wanted to really mull it over a little later, and this way I wouldn't have to search for it.

This made me happy when I woke up later that day, because there was the song in it's easy to reach container. So with all that said, here it is...the official SONG OF THE WEEK...

I was listening to one of the digital radio stations whilst making "Breakfast for Supper" a few weeks back, and this song came on.  It starts off with this sweet "alternative/poppy" sound (which kind of reminded me of the Murmurs first album).  Surprisingly and with much joy it kicks off into this wall of sound/punk feel.  It made me happy in my happy place and angry in my angry place, at the same time.  Then I watched the video and I was officially hooked.

So the Song of the Week is...

Jake Summers by Fights Like Apes


From the CD

Fight Like Apes and the Mystery of the Golden Medallion



Book Recommendation
The Way of Life by Lao Tzu (A new Translation by R. B. Blakney)


Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments: