Dec 22, 2009

TIS THE SEASON to copy and paste...heh

Hello all my fellow hooligans and miscreants and those that aren't either. A friend of mine had this thought on Facebook and I of course joined in the fun...

It's amazing how the times have changed. It seems like no one is in the Christmas Spirit anymore, how sad it that? It all has become way too commercialized. No one realizes what exactly Christmas is truly about anymore. I will admit I am not the most Religious person out there, however, I do know what and where Christmas came from and why we celebrate every year... do you?


Of course being the coal gathering Christmas son of a gun that I am I went to the History Channels website and found this wonderful bit of information that I thought would be clever and get some giggles.

That was not to be.


"In the fourth century, church officials decided to institute the birth of Jesus as a holiday. Unfortunately, the Bible does not mention date for his birth (a fact Puritans later pointed out in order to deny the legitimacy of the celebration). Although some evidence suggests that his birth may have occurred in the spring (why would shepherds be herding in the middle of winter?), Pope Julius I chose December 25. It is commonly believed that the church chose this date in an effort to adopt and absorb the traditions of the pagan Saturnalia festival."

The response I recieved was this...

Yes Jose I do remember that from St Jose's and going to Church. It just truly amazes me how people are today. I can remember how people looked forward to Christmas, now all I hear is 'I can't wait til Christmas is over!' No one says "Merry Christmas" anymore. Maybe it's just me. Just seems like reason of the season is gone :-{

And this is me fessing up to where my intimate knowledge about the holiday known as Christmas came from, along with a bit of holiday humor...

Me - LOL...I copied and pasted that from the History Channel website, and believe me I aint a good christian, but I am one heck of a sinner!!! Yet another reason "I aint getting nuttin for christmas"

You know when you make that statement that you know will come back and bite you in the kiester...

OMG you a "sinner" say it ain't so!! You were such and angel .... hang on think I just choked saying that out loud!!! **cough cough** LOL Love Ja Jose!! :-}

And with that Merry Christmas my friends...and to all a kick ass day!!!

Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments: