Jan 7, 2010

2009 IN REVIEW...FACEBOOK STYLE...pt 1

I wanted to do a year in review type thingy, but the first half of the year was very dark for me, and I didn't do very much.  After June though, there was a small sliver of light, guiding me out of my darkness.

That's where this begins.  I have written a lot of crap on Facebook, that I thought it would be fun to start from the beginning and share all of the idiosyncratic bull s**t that rolls around in my head.  So lets go and see what my year has been like...in Facebook style.

Let's start with some quotes that struck a nerve, made me smile and some that made me laugh...

QUOTES....

"Perhaps I know best why it is man alone who laughs; he alone suffers so deeply that he had to invent laughter." - Friedrich Nietzsche

"The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they are okay, then it's you." -- Rita Mae Brown

"Grief can take care of itself, but to get the full value of joy you must have somebody to divide it with." -- Mark Twain.

"Before the big bang, before time itself, before matter, energy, velocity...there existed a single immeasurable state called yearning. This is the special force that on a day before there were days obliterated nothing into everything. It is the unseen strings tying the planets to stars. It's the maddening want we feel from first breath to last light." - 'Mary Shannon' from "In Plain Sight"

“The reason that fiction is more interesting than any other form of literature, to those who really like to study people, is that in fiction the author can really tell the truth without humiliating himself.” - Jim Rohn

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.  From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien

"Have you ever felt like you were punched in the face by the estrogen fist of 'SHUT the HELL up you MAN!!!'?"

"Flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams

"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle." - Albert Einstein

“Our fatigue is often caused not by work, but by worry, frustration and resentment” - Dale Carnegie

"Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering." - Yoda

"Death is the opening of a more subtle life. In the flower, it sets free the perfume; in the chrysalis, the butterfly; in man, the soul." - Juliette Adam

The greatest line I have heard in an anime:
Her - "Sorry I dropped a demon on you."
Him "It's OK, it turned out fine. Let's eat"

“Welcome anything that comes to you, but do not long for anything else.” Andre Gide

"How do you know you've found your best friend. When you are ready to talk to them about anything, even though they know everything about you already." - Unknown

"You think the Devil has a soul layaway plan? Like at Kmart? So if you change your mind & give everything back, you won't have to go to Hell." - Amber Benson

"If you keep acting like a selfish tool, words gonna spread and you're gonna find yourself living on the planet NO LOVE.......that means the girls aren't gonna want to sleep with anymore!" Courtney Cox 'Cougar Town'

"I am no longer pretty. Gravity tugs at my ass, my paunch and my painfully heavy testicles." - Spider Jerusalem

"I'm okay with getting wrinkles... as long as my laugh lines are deeper than my frown lines." - Alyssa Milano

"Totally motivated to do something fun tonight but my car battery was dead. Disappointment fast became relief when I got back to the couch." - Elizabeth Banks

"Trying to convince people that you're not an asshole is much harder than just not being one" - Shane Nickerson

"Time is like a zombie, it moves slow but all of a sudden "BOO! GOT YOUR BRAINS!" - Jennie Breeden

"You asked me what was wrong, I smiled & said nothing, when you turned around and a tear came down & I whispered to myself... everything is." - Unknown

"Due to a common typo, I sent my Christmas list to Satan. But considering what I asked for it actually worked out!" - Hal Sparks

"Is it still Terrorism if We get pissed instead of afraid?" - Hal Sparks

"How pretentious is it that every issue of Oprah magazine has to have a picture of Oprah on the cover? Damn, we get the idea already....You don't see Mick Jagger on the cover of every issue of Rolling Stone Magazine?" - Chris Jericho

and that my friends is the end of part 1



My CD and BOOK Recommendations

CD
Enuff Z'nuff - Strength



BOOK
Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams


Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments: