Feb 22, 2010

BEING THERE

My heart I shared with you,
I opened my world to you, and
you started the healing.
When I started to lose faith and
when I needed you most,
you were right there.
You saved my soul, time and time again.
The way you listened.
Thew way you looked at me when you listened.
I felt a sense of peace
just being near you.
The way my emotions and anger
flared, uncontrollable,
like cannon being fired
destroying, everything in its path.
Yet you stood there, listening.
Strong, understanding and unfaltering
you lent me your strength.
I didn't have your courage
but your strength inspired everyone around you.
You never wavered, never yielded.
You were unbending and unbreakable.
I shared my hopes and dreams,
my pain and disappointments,
my scars and fears,
and you didn't judge me.
You just spread your wings
and sheltered me a little longer.
Until I was able to stand on my own again.
My heart I shared with you,
I opened my world to you, and
you started the healing.
My life would be empty and sad without you
Thank you for spending time
in my life and
in my world.

Thank you for being there.

It's just too bad,
that I wasn't there for you.

And not being there, for you...
took you somewhere else
far away from me.

No comments: