Feb 2, 2010

THE LAST DRINK

I've given myself reasons
To stay on this suicide track
by
Feeding the anger
Drinking the poison
Satiating the beast

Double barrel loaded
Pointed at my head
and
Both barrels firing when
My whiskey savior comes
Trampling my will

The "I" that began it
The "Me" that ends it
committed
A drunken messiah
Comes to swallow my sins
Then spits it back in my face

Jack Daniels scented breath
Nicotine stained fingers
search
For the glass that sits empty
Loathing its touch
Wallowing in it's false security

A beer swallowing cretin
Drowning in sanity
while
My hell welcomes me
My drink warming my tongue
My mind deceived and believing the lies

There's nowhere to sit to hide the shame
Two shots of bourbon beckon me
unconscious
My eyes will open soon
The the trembling begins
As every drop is filtered out

The hangover welcomes me back
To my unwashed world
always
Life is an afterthought
I exist here
Still dying slowly

I've given myself reasons
To keep on this suicide mission
and
I've given myself reasons
To swallow the last drink
Before it swallows me


Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments: