Mar 7, 2010

I WONDER...

QUOTE OF THE DAY:
"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."
Albert Einstein


I wonder about many things as each day dawns.

Dawn being a figurative term.

I'm still awake when it comes.

It's usually the afternoon sun that beckons this lowly creature from the dreamlands to the waking world.

That and a fucking alarm clock.

I wonder what the day will bring...

Missing moments and moments lost.

I wonder if I can complete a day without new scar...

On me or in somebody else.

I wonder if my words will be the reason for pain...

For someone I don't know or in someone close to me.

I wonder what each passing minute brings to fill my plate.

A healthy meal or a mouthful of crow.

I wonder will I blink, think, breathe?

I wonder if it's worth it.

For you or me.

I wonder if the wonderful people of this world have started the healing?

Spreading hope filled arms and embracing us.

I wonder if the monsters are rubbing more salt to yet another fresh wound.

Squeezing and squeezing and squeezing till darkness comes.

I wonder if today will be a coalescent, stagnant day.

Or will it blossom into a day of thunderous beauty, gelid rains?

With the lightning prancing, frolicking and shimmying, like a burlesque show of awe and WONDER.

I wonder if on this day, I can do something right.

Everyday, I sit her and think.

But mostly, I just wonder, why?

And today was no different.

No comments: