Mar 10, 2010

SONG OF THE WEEK 7

I'll hear some amazing song on a commercial, in a movie or at the end of some TV show, that just blows me away. So, I go searching for it. Albeit, while searching for this amazing song, I more often than not, get distracted. I'll hear this song, and it's by some new or unsigned band and I think to myself "Self, this is a major discovery!" I'd end up searching for everything on the web by them so I can get an idea of what they really sound like, but depending on my mood at that moment, my music tastes may change. Sometimes a cool song gets forgotten, because I may not have cared for the rest of their music.

If it's an established artist, and I go looking for some other song of theirs that I like, and suddenly the first song I was searching for goes the way of that last bag of chips you were craving but are now gone..

A while ago, I heard this song at the end of the TV series "Mercy". I looked for it, found it, and put up a little blurb about it, mainly because I was exhausted, and I wanted to really appreciate later, and this way I wouldn't have to search for it. Later that day, because I had already done the leg work, there was the song in it's easy to reach container where I took the time to really absorb it. That my friends is how the SONG OF THE WEEK got started.


This weeks song is by Christian Kane called L.A. Song. The very first time I heard this song I was just mesmerized. It's one of those songs that I could relate to the very first time I heard it, and still resonates very strongly with me now.  It has this melodic groove that I just totally dig.  An emotional singer, simple lyrics that convey a deeper message and an acoustic guitar, makes this one of those songs that you can't get out of your head.  And in this case that's a good thing.

Christian Kane can be seen on the TNT series Leverage.

and if you like this song check out his other stuff on...

itunes - http://itunes.apple.com/us/artist/christian-kane/id258550222

and of on myspace

www.myspace.com/christiankane





I also wanted to take a moment to thank all you who come by. I feel honored that of the thousands of places you can visit, that you stop here, even if it's for a moment. You give me that little bit of hope that says "I'm not THAT crappy at this writing thing." So THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart, because you spending a a small portion of your time here truly fills me with joy. Again, Thank You All So Much.

No comments: