Jan 21, 2010

WAITING ROOM

Sitting, waiting to hear from you
contemplating what the news may be.
Will it be good?
Will it be bad?
Will I be strong enough to deal with your words?
Or will I crumble?
Can I hold a straight face?
Or will I break down and cry?
Will I read the newspaper to distract myself?
Will I just stare into space?
Will I look for refuge in those around me?
Or will I choose to sit alone?

I see you coming towards me.
Your face emotionless.
I stare at your face.
I see your lips moving.
But I can't hear your voice.
What?
Oh, you just asked me a question.

Your words finally register.
I hear your questions.

I don't understand.
I don't think I do.
I don't want to.
I can't.

You walk away.
Stop.
Please.
Don't leave me sitting here.
Alone.
I was sitting here until I heard from you.

Now I'm sitting here waiting...
and I don't know what to do.


Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments: