Feb 24, 2010

MOVIE REVIEWS 10

You know what has always bugged me?  Movie reviews that take a "I'm so much smarter than you" route.  Every movie review I have ever read takes this approach.  They sit there and with a fine tooth comb and condemn every aspect of the movie or they praise the intellectual aspects of this cinematic experience.

Me, I just want a simple review.  Did the movie achieve it's goal.  How was the acting?  Was the script/story any good.  Was the movie entertaining.  Add a positive comment.  Add a negative comment.  Finally make a simple scale and rate that movie accordingly.

It's not asking for much.

Reading a movie review shouldn't have to be a chore.

So let's make that scale

   1.  Punch me in the FACE, because that's gonna be better than this movie.
   2.  I will never watch the movie again
   3.  Did I actually pay to see this?
   4.  I wish I saw it on cable.
   5.  I'll only watch it if its free on cable.
   6.  Can't find the remote...so I guess I'll watch this
   7.  This is better then the other stuff that's on.
   8.  I will watch the movie again
   9.  I CAN'T WAIT to watch the movie again
 10.  This movie WILL be owned, in any form because it's that damn good!!.

Now let's review some movies...

Dragon Hunters

Strong animation, solid story, great acting, amazing family movie. The only negative is the lack of back story, but even without that it's still enjoyable.

9/10


The Boondock Saints II: All Saints Day

Some complaints that I have read..
"bad acting" - The acting in the first wasn't that great either
"serious/funny mix wasn't that good" - It wasn't that good in the first one either.
"cheesy action" - YES BY GOD AND IT'S AWESOME!!

This movie is simply what it is. It is an action movie where the bad guys are the heroes and they go after even worse guys. The protagonists are lovable scamps. The antagonists are cruel and incompetent. It has bumbling fools. It has a solid story. It's paced very well. The action sequences were (as the kids say) "off the hook!"

10/10 but if your not into violent shoot 'em ups, then this movie is not for you..


The Wolfman


Just a good ol' fashioned monster movie. Including scenes to make you jump, some to make squirm and a few that made you go "Oh MY GOD!!" It had a good story, with a strong plot that was paced very well. The actors all played their parts very well. Did I mention that was a Good ol' fashioned monster movie?

8/10


Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths

What a fun super hero cartoon, with strong animation, good voice acting and a solid story. From beginning to end the action is almost non-stop. If you're a fan of the DC Universe you'll get a big kick out of this.

8/10

No comments: