Mar 20, 2010

MOVIE REVIEWS 13

You know what has always bugged me?  Movie reviews that take a "I'm so much smarter than you" route.  Every movie review I have ever read takes this approach.  They sit there and with a fine tooth comb and condemn every aspect of the movie or they praise the intellectual aspects of this cinematic experience.

Me, I just want a simple review.  Did the movie achieve it's goal.  How was the acting?  Was the script/story any good.  Was the movie entertaining.  Add a positive comment.  Add a negative comment.  Finally make a simple scale and rate that movie accordingly.

It's not asking for much.

Reading a movie review shouldn't have to be a chore.

So let's make that scale

   1.  Punch me in the FACE, because that's gonna be better than this movie.
   2.  I will never watch the movie again
   3.  Did I actually pay to see this?
   4.  I wish I saw it on cable.
   5.  I'll only watch it if its free on cable.
   6.  Can't find the remote...so I guess I'll watch this
   7.  This is better then the other stuff that's on.
   8.  I will watch the movie again
   9.  I CAN'T WAIT to watch the movie again
 10.  This movie WILL be owned, in any form because it's that damn good!!.

Now let's review some movies...


Valentine's Day

A romantic comedy with some good LOL moments, a few heart tuggers, and enough enough sweetness to give you a cavity. But surprisingly it's a charming little movie. It tells a story you already know, and just charms you into going along. It has a veritable who's who of stars, yet none of them are on the screen enough to be showcased or stand out.

8/10..it probably deserves a lower rating, but like I said "It's a charming little movie."


Alice In Wonderland (2010)

I love the fact that Tim Burton makes fairy tales. He makes them with a certain personality, that really captures the idea and feel of the original Grimm's Fairy Tales. Fantastic stories of wonder, with a cruel and sometimes violent twist. That is what this version of Alice in Wonderland is.

The acting was spot on. The story was solid, well paced and fluid from beginning to end. The visual effects were very good. All in all, I was very, very pleased with this movie.

10/10..If you like Tim Burton movies, you'll love this movie. If you love the Disney cartoon fairy tales you'll more than likely not care for this version.


Crazies (2010)

Pleasantly surprised. It's part thriller, part action, part drama and part gore. The story is pretty straight forward with the usual surprises. The acting was decent and the story ran pretty smoothly. Will this movie help the rewrite horror genre? No, but it is entertaining.

8/10


Survival Of The Dead

This is an old fashioned zombie movie. Written and directed by the guy who set the original standard for zombie movies. This is not a great film. It is not full of digital effects. It simply is an old school zombie movie. Written and directed by an old school zombie movie director. I enjoyed it very much. It was not Romero's best work by any stretch. But for 90 minutes I felt like I the kid who first watched the original Dawn of the Dead. I was entertained.

The story was weak, the acting below average, the pacing was awful, the special f/x were old school and that was kind of nice to see. If you like gore/zombie movies watch it. If your not a fan of this genre you'll hate it.

7/10..I like zombie movies

No comments: